Saturday, June 28, 2014

Know Your Audience Analysis

Derell DeRamus

To analyze the audience I chose three questions that I believed really gave meaning to our class and their outlooks on life. The first question that I decided to use was Julie Cahill's question, "Why do you feel college is important?". It seems that the audience is full of ambitious people who are all looking to have control over their lives and their education. The audience seems to understand the importance of being able to demand certain things because of your level of education and are willing to do whatever it takes to have that sense of control and power.

The nest question I selected was Tareena Penrod's question, "What accomplishment in you life so far gives you the greatest sense of achievement?". This question really gives you a chance to look at how accomplished our audience is. All of us are extremely accomplished in something and that tells so much about a person. I find it particularly interesting that a lot of us find our academic achievements to be the greatest accomplishment  so far. While I am still young and have a lot to accomplish it was nice for me to think about what I have accomplished so far and how important those accomplishments are to me. This question is an important one because it help you to see what is truly important to your audience.

The final question I chose was my question, "If you could be any cartoon character from your childhood who would it be and why?". This questions gives everyone a chance to go back to when life was simple and remember the fun parts of childhood like cartoons. From what I can see the audience craves adventure in some cases and relaxation and freedom in others. One character that came up a few times is Timmy Turner from Fairly Odd Parents. I would have to agree with this selection. Timmy can wish for whatever he wants within limits and has a very fun and adventurous life. I think that this question gave everyone a chance to express what their dream life would be and that helps to understand what we all look for in life. Overall our audience is an adventurous, accomplished, and encouraged group of people.  

1 comment:

  1. Derell - Excellent. Clearly you understand the process of analysis and I very much like how you are specific and narrowed your analysis to a manageable size. Nice work. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete