Thursday, July 3, 2014

Opps

I really must have been confused the first time I read the assignment because I wasn't aware that we were supposed to be writing a journal everyday. I guess this does however set me up for a great first journal entry.

This screw up clearly shows how overwhelmed I have become by this summer. I know that most students take their summer to enjoy family and friends and just time off from school. I decided to work full time and take 10 credit hours of summer classes. While I know this is a decision that I made I am beginning to regret it almost. I just really dislike the fact that I have not had anytime to enjoy my summer.

I do understand why i'm taking the classes and maybe that understanding should make it easier for me to deal with it, but all I see is that my friends are back home having a great summer and I am here taking classes and working. All of the classes i'm taking are needed for medical school and that is my ultimate goal. I just wish that I was able to make myself understand the importance of that.

While I haven't really had the chance to enjoy my summer I do know that once I complete these classes it will all be worth it and I will appreciate all the hard work that I put into them. Maybe I am just to mature for my own good? I'm kidding but I must admit giving up a summer of fun for class and work seems pretty "grown-up" to me.  I guess we all have to grow up eventually.

I have a full life ahead of me hopefully and many years to have fun summers but this is the time where I have to crack down and get into medical school. I know that everyday it seems to be more and more overwhelming all I can do is remember that we are in week 5 and I have almost completed all three classes. I'm currently in the home stretch and if it was too much to handle I would not be at this point right now. So I can close saying to myself, "suck it up and finish STRONG".

No comments:

Post a Comment